"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

i need to cut back on my sugar!!

Well, it's been pretty crazy, so I guess that's why it's been so long since I posted!  Oh well.  Anyway, this past weekend we were off duty.  Friday we dropped our kids off at my parent's house (thanks, mom and dad!) and Nathan and I got to spend a whole day and night together, just the 2 of us!  Yay!  It was great.  

Well, we started off our day together with a not-so-fun task--going to the dentist.  Oh well, it has to be done, I guess.  Well, this particular trip to the dentist was not the greatest for me.  It turns out I have a few cavities.  Care to guess how many?  Okay, I'll tell you.  NINE!!!  Yes, you read it right, I have 9 cavities.  I almost cried.  I felt bad for Dr. Stoller--I could tell he really felt bad to break the news!  Sigh.  I will definitely be a more diligent flosser from now on!! (the cavities are all between my teeth, so flossing may have been able to prevent this disaster).  Oh, and by the way, guess how many cavities my dear hubby had?  ZERO.  Sigh again.  We ended up having a really fun day together, in spite of the dentist visit!

So the next day we spent the day with Jill and Aaron.  Since they bought their house, there's room for us to stay with them!  We had a blast with them.  Thanks for letting us hang out with you, guys!  Here are some pics from our day with the McCormick's.


Kaine LOVES their kitties!  They have 2 kittens and Kaine braved the freezing cold wind to play with them.  

Halle and Jill watched Kaine and the kittens from inside the warm house.

Kaine just loved playing on Jill's electric piano thingy.  It was so cute, he would wear the headphones and play the piano.

I pulled Halle around in a box for awhile, and as you can see, she is nearly delirious with happiness!

Kaine and Halle in the box--what cuties:)


  So the weekend turned out to be fun.  Thanks, Aaron and Jill!












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, if you need some hints on flossing, let me know (you know I am an avid flosser).Another hint- substitute candy with sugarless gum.
Cute pictures of the kids. One thing I'm a little concerned about - it appears Jill is brainwashing Kaine with those kittens - I guess I'll have to have a talk with him.
See Ya, Dad S

Rachel said...

haha dad:)

Jessica said...

Rache! I feel for you! I just had a trecherous trip to the dentist as well...I only had 2 cavities, but they were both between my teeth as well...But add those 2 to my previous 9...YIKES! That makes 11!! :( I'll be thinking of you this week...I'm sure you'll be getting them filled...

By the way I LOVE the pictures of Halle laughing! Isn't it great to start seeing their personalities now?? We are loving Mason's age.

Miss you guys! Carter says Hi to Kaine. ;)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Rachel, darling pictures of the kids, once again:) It's great that everyone had so much fun last weekend!
love you,
mom s
ps - take your vitamins!:)

Rachel said...

Jess, we miss you guys, too!! I agree, this age (Halle) is awesome--so much fun!! love you lots:)

sarah.flyingkites said...

Rache -
I really don't know how I missed this post...I am just now reading it.

9 cavities?!!! I have lots too, so this made me feel better. I think I would have cried:)

Kaine & Halle are too cute. I never really thought they looked alike until that last pic. Their smiles are so similar!