This week we went to the zoo! It was so fun--we had been wanting to go this summer sometime, so we decided to go on Tuesday. We had perfect weather, and our kids were great--even Halle, without a nap. I was very proud of her:) I took quite a few pictures:
Kaine and Halle watching the sea lions. You can see one behind Halle's head. We were able to watch them being fed, so that was neat.
Halle wasn't too sure about taking this picture. She was a little scared of this gorilla statue. She was sucking so hard on her pacifier--it was really cute!
A family picture that we asked someone to take for us. It's a miracle that we were all looking at the camera with our eyes open on the very first try!
I remember going in this tree house as a kid! Some of the stuff at the zoo has been around for so long!
Halle adores her daddy!
Another relic at the zoo--I used to love going in the kangaroo's pouch! As you can see, Kaine and Halle loved it, too!
One of the new things at the zoo is feeding the giraffes! Kaine thought that was so cool. For $1.00, you get a pretty big lettuce leaf, and Kaine broke it a few times and fed it to the giraffe.
The 2 cuties:)
Kaine brushed a goat!! He thought the goats were cool, even though they kept trying to eat his clothes! One of them took a bite of my hair, which actually really hurt!
What a great day! I love my family!!
9 comments:
Looks like a fun day! I tell you what, those goats are dangerous! Never feed them, they attack anyone they see holding food - watch out!!
Jamie- I laughed out loud! Sounds like you have had a bad experience!
Rache- Sounds like such a blessed day! You have 2 adorable children! Can't wait to meet #3!
Rache, what a fun day - glad the four of you could go and celebrate your birthday at the zoo:) Loved all the pictures...
love you all,
mom (aka gma jan)
Brings back alot of good memories from us going to the zoo ( except for the pony incident).
Glad you guys are also creating those memories.
Granpa Jim
Looks like you guys had a great time! Your kiddos are super cute!! And congratulations for your soon to be bundle o' joy!
fun pics...i think i'm overdue for a zoo visit ( : you're right, some of those things (i.e. kangaroo pouch) have been around forever!
AWWWW!!!! HOw fun! It reminds me of a time many years ago before any kiddos, and we took the books picture in the 'tree house'. What special memories. I love the pic with Kaine and Halle and the gorilla. She is sitting so perfectly in his hands! Next time you want to see goats, you can come our way-you can feed them weeds-for free!! Love you! Jane
CORRECTION: 'boys'
Sounds fun, Jane! I know Kaine would love the animals at your house. Love you!
Post a Comment