A few weeks ago, Grabill Missionary Church put on this great free carnival. We happened to be off duty and we saw a sign for it, so it worked out for us to take Kaine and Halle. It was so fun! Kaine and Halle absolutely loved it! There was a fire truck parked at it, and kids could sit inside and see it. It was neat--Kaine and Halle thought it was cool to sit on the front.
Kaine got to ride the rides. It was so great, because they were all free! Not that they were overly exciting rides, but they were perfect for a 3 year old!
Halle wanted to ride the airplane with Kaine, but she was too little:( She really tried to get over the fence!
However, she did get to go with Kaine in this blow up thingy that they just bounced around in. :)
And she had a blast!
This was a far away picture, so you can't see his face too well. But Kaine went down this SUPER steep and very fast slide--so fast that he flipped when he got to the bottom. And let me tell you, it scared him sooo bad! He hated that thing! And here I am, taking pictures of him :) Poor little guy. It was kind of funny though, because I was holding Halle while I was watching him go down the slide, and when he got to the bottom he fell into my arms sobbing. Of course, this made Halle very upset, too, so I was sitting at the bottom of the slide holding 2 wailing kids.
They even had free food! Kaine and Halle loved the popcorn.
Here is Halle stuffing her face with popcorn!
Okay, this is another day. It was pouring down rain, and Kaine and Halle were having a blast playing in it! Halle was loving it:) Can you tell she is saying, "cheese"?
Here is Kaine dripping wet on his bike
Another new subject:
Nathan and I took a trip, just the 2 of us, to Gatlinburg! It was great to get away! Thanks to our wonderful parents for watching Kaine and Halle!
Okay, let me explain this picture. I was so proud of myself for getting a great deal on a hotel room--$59 per night, and it was buy 2 nights get one free! So we stayed 3 nights and only paid about $120 plus tax--not bad:) Well, on the website the hotel looked super nice--and it was. However, the reason our room was so cheap is because it was in the building across the street. Nathan was proud of his photography skills, taking this picture to make our hotel seem as trashy and unattractive as possible:) It was pretty funny, actually. The hotel's pool area and stuff was really nice, but we just had to walk across the street. So here is a picture of the good deal I got on our hotel room. Notice our car is the only one out front? It was kind of creepy at night:)
We hiked Laurel Falls, which is supposed to be an easy hike. And it was pretty easy, but it really made me realize just how out of shape I really am! I am soooo glad we didn't decide to hike Chimney Tops! I don't know if I could have made it!
We ate Subway for lunch on a big rock in the river.
After our Subway lunch, we went rock hopping. Nathan was the brave one who decided to get in the FREEZING cold water! I got in up to my knees:)
He had a lot of fun sliding down this big rock into the freezing cold river. I sat on a rock and took his pictures:)
Kaine really wanted us to find him a bear, and this is the best we could do! Thanks for a great trip, Natie! I had a great time with you!
So, this is what we have been up to lately. Hopefully I won't go so long before I blog again:)
7 comments:
rachel-
You are amazing!!! :)
Thanks for heeding my polite persuasion! I love you guys and loved the pictures. How is it possible for two kids to be so cute? I am so glad that you guys were able to get away together.
I was thinking the other day, "Rachel hasn't posted in a while." Great motivating job, Jenna!
Thanks for the updates - looks like you've been having a lot of fun!
fun pics, rach! Last year about this time I hiked Chimney Top with my family (7mos prego) and you def made the right choice not to do it. The worst part was having to waddle all the way back down!
Jenna- I totally agree with your comment. I don't know how Kaine and Halle are so incredibly adorable! I love them :)
Jill
Great pictures. I know you are having a blast with the kids (of course we are as well), but it keeps getting better as they get older.
Granpa Jim
thanks for the update Rache! I was glad to see the pics of TN. It is a great place for a getaway, close but ... away.
The pics of the kids make me reallllly miss them. See you soon.
mom m
Great pics, Rache...the carnival looked like lots of fun...I'm not too surprised Halle loved playing in the rain...and the Tennessee trip also looked great...
love you all
mom (gma jan)
Post a Comment