"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Friday, September 24, 2010

West Virginia

Nathan's sister Jenna was just home for a visit! We always love hanging out with her--so sad that it is only a couple times a year! We always have a great time. Nathan's parents took us on a short vacation to West Virginia. It is beautiful there, especially this time of year! We had a great time, and once again, there are a ton of pictures in this post! I tend to get camera-happy at times:) Anyway, here we go...

Kaine and Halle are very cozy and ready to go in our jam-packed van

Halle was fighting sleep just minutes from our destination! I tried to so hard to keep her awake, so that she could take a good nap when we got to our cabin. But as you can see, this girl was TIRED!

Nathan and Kaine with their "mean" faces (while doing "manly" things like lighting sticks on fire!)


Jenna, Grandma, and Nathan


Jenna really wanted to be in this picture, too:)


I am so glad Nathan's grandma came along! Our kids spent a lot of time with her, which they usually don't get. We had lots of fun with Gma!

Kaine likes to take pictures, and they are usually always tilted!

hanging out

This little sweetie got tons of attention! I'm sure she loved being on vacation (minus the long car ride!)


Layla with Grandma Terri:)

She is so much fun! What a great age!

Kaine's favorite game--hide and seek football tag (or something like that). Grandpa Dave is "it"--do you see Kaine hiding?


I love this picture! Layla and her uncle Kyle. I am really glad Kyle came with us, too, even though our craziness did drive him nuts at times:)

I LOVE this picture of Layla and Jenna! So cute!!

I also love this one! Layla has no idea what it going on:)

ready to go on a walk


Layla wearing grandpa Dave's hat

Kaine lighting something else on fire:)


Kaine and Halle play so well together! (most of the time:) ) They had fun playing horseshoes.

Gma feeding Layla--I had so much help during our trip!

Kaine speeding down the ramp (see his tongue sticking out? that means he is concentrating:) He gets that from his grandpa Dave!)


Kaine trying to feed a caterpillar

Another of Kaine's tilted pictures:)

One morning, Kyle and Jenna went on a walk and Kyle found a walking stick that was super long! Probably 6 or 7 feet! So later in the day, Nathan decided to one-up Kyle and dragged this tree out of the woods! He told Kaine to go in the cabin and tell uncle Kyle to come out and see a real man's walking stick! It was funny:)


Kaine loves to act silly!

Nathan took Halle on a walk, pulling her in this cooler! He is very resourceful:)

Layla with her grandpa and grandma

Our little sweetie:)


Another great picture of Jenna and Layla!

The whole family played miniature golf!

Halle soon got bored with golf and was thrilled to find these leaves to play in!

Like I said, thrilled!!

What a great trip! Jenna, we had so much fun with you! And of course with everyone else, too:) Thanks so much, dad and mom!! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure looks like fun - so thankful you could all spend some great time together! and tons of great pictures!
love you
mom (gma jan)

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your blog again and what a darling picture of Halle and Layla at the top!
mom

Anonymous said...

i bless God for the opportunity to hang out with you guys! I have the best of both worlds!
love
jenna

Anonymous said...

We sure did have a good time, didn't we? And yes, we did drive Kyle a little crazy at times:)

Thanks for the pics.

mom m