I am very very proud to announce that I am an aunt!! My sister Jill and her husband Aaron just adopted a beautiful baby, and her name is Ivy Elena. Ivy was actually born about a week and a half ago, but Jill just emailed me pictures last night (all that they have right now is a hotel computer). So I was so excited to post these and introduce Ivy to you all!
Ivy was born in Jacksonville, FL. Jill has now been down there for 3 1/2 weeks! They thought the baby might come early, so she went down about a week before the due date just in case (actually, my mom and I went with her! We spent a week in FL, just the 3 of us!). Anyway, Ivy did not come early:) I went home after about a week, and my mom stayed with Jill. Aaron was planning to catch a flight down there with the birth mom went into labor (he couldn't get many days off work) but he decided to fly down a little early to surprise Jill:) She was extremely, super excited to see him!! So Jill and Aaron just hung out in FL for a few days, and then Ivy was born on November 7 (about a week after the actual due date). Now, they are still in Florida, just waiting on all the paperwork to go through (the papers that let them leave the state, and also to bring Ivy to Indiana). Hopefully it will all go through soon--I can't wait to meet Ivy! She is growing so fast already, and I can't wait to hold the little sweetie. She is gorgeous (as you can see in the pictures!) Actually, a lot of you have probably seen these pictures, because I know Jill sent them to quite a few people yesterday.
Here they are, at the beach--what a beautiful family!!

This is so cute--Jill told me that Aaron is the BEST daddy--he and Jill have been splitting the night shifts with Ivy. I love this picture:) Aaron, we knew you would be a great dad!

Or maybe this one...I love how she is sleeping so peacefully!

See what I mean about how she is growing up so fast? She is looking so alert in this picture!

Aaron and Jill, congratulations!! We are so excited to meet our new niece! She is just beautiful:) We love you guys!


5 comments:
Ivy is so beautiful!! Congrats on being an aunt! I cant wait for them to get home so I can cuddle her.
Adrianne
What a darling little beauty...I am so excited for them to get home! I too love Ivy so much and haven't even held her in my arms:)
gma jan
Oh my! She is just beautiful! Congrats to you all!
We can't wait to meet Ivy either!! What a beauty she is!
YEA!!! Can't wait to meet Ivy and see Jill and Aaron! Congrats on being an aunt :) Amber G
Post a Comment