"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Monday, March 14, 2011

celebrating halle:)

We had a good time celebrating Halle's third birthday! I thought I'd post some of the festivities:)

We were off duty a couple of days before Halle's actual birthday, so we decided to go to McDonald's as a family to celebrate. We considered Chuck E. Cheese, but it had been less than 2 months since we went there for Kaine's bday...we decided to do something a little less chaotic:) Our kids really love McDonald's!! (and actually, confession...so do I!)

Here is Halle with a birthday french fry:) She looooooves french fries, and Kaine always goes for the apple fries! Go figure.

they are getting to be such good friends!

And this little sweetie is just a content little girl:)

A group shot...a pretty good picture minus Halle's extremely cheesy smile:) But actually, I like it, I think it's still a good picture!

Here is Halle, soooo excited after just going down the slide ALL BY HERSELF! If you know Halle well, you know what a major feat this was. See the next picture, to see what this slide looked like. She is usually terrified about stuff like this, but she was so brave! And of course, once she went down it she didn't want to stop!

I still can't believe she went down this thing by herself!

Layla was loving the playplace, too! Nathan is such a good dad...he took Layla through the tunnels and slides numerous times! Such a difference than all the other parents who are always in the playplace (the ones who just let their kids go and spend the whole time texting?) Of course, I also just sit and watch (not text) but I have a pretty good excuse since I am 8 months pregnant:) It sounds almost impossible to navigate through those tunnels!



So then we were on duty on Halle's actual birthday. We celebrated her birthday with our residents, and my parents and Jill and Ivy were able to come up, too! (Aaron had worship practice at church). And Nathan's parents were visiting Jenna in Magdalena. But anyway, we had a good evening! Here is Halle, looking very excited about her My Little Pony cake:)

Nathan and the residents made Halle a really cute pinata! Halle took a couple of swings at it and then wanted Kaine to finish the job:)

Here she is, wearing the pinata!

We gave Halle a bunch of headbands with interchangeable flowers. Kaine wanted to try one on so bad, so I let him do it ninja-style:)

And here is Layla modeling one:)




So then, about a week later, we went to my parents' house to celebrate Halle and my dad's birthdays. Here is our family playing Halle's favorite game as of late...Farmer in the Dell. She just loves it!

Halle holding up a really cute dress from my parents

And blowing out candles with my dad:)


Wow, that ended up being a long post! We had fun celebrating with Halle. Happy Birthday, again, Halle! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halle is adorable in every picture :) We had fun celebrating with you, Halle! We love you!!

Jill

Anonymous said...

It was great sharing birthdays with Halle.We should start calling her personality plus. She is hilarious.
Granpa Jim

Anonymous said...

I agree, Halle is so fun...the pictures are great, and the farmer in the dell was quite entertaining (alright, you all know I love it too):) We love you Halle!
gma jan

jenna said...

i'll represent for the mueller side... ;)
This blog is hands down the blog i love to check more than any other.
halle is so cute, and i cannot wait to see number 4!
thanks rachel!