Halle has a new skill! About a week ago, Nathan decided to take her training wheels off. Too bad we didn't think of it before this! It didn't take long for her at ALL to get the hang of it. Wow, now she is zooming all over the sidewalks around our house on her bike. She is growing up (sniff sniff).
And speaking of my little Halle, we have made the decision to go ahead and have her start at the public school here next semester. So far this semester, we have had her in the childcare during our classes every morning. However, the oldest childcare class is preschool age, and the group of preschoolers here is a very young class of preschoolers. But they have allowed Halle to join them this semester, even though she is kindergarten age. We have been so thankful for that! Then, after classes I homeschool Halle in the afternoons for kindergarten. It has gone well, and I am thankful that we had this semester to do that.
However, we found out that for various reasons, Halle won't be able to be in the preschool class next semester. We are thankful that they have allowed us this first semester to have her in the childcare (they wouldn't have had to do that!), so now we need to figure out what we want to do next semester. We have 2 options: take her to our classes with us every day and then continue homeschooling her in the afternoons, or have her go to public school with Kaine. We are leaning toward option #2. She is really excited to go to school! It will be kind of sad for me not to have my homeschooling time with Halle anymore in the afternoons, but that is okay. I will have homeschooling time with her for many years to come!! :)
So anyway, we are praying that she will transition well to the public school next semester. Our main concern is that all the other kids in her class will already have established relationships, since she will be coming in the middle of the year. But with Halle's personality I think she will do fine. And I talked to her about it, and she is not worried! I asked her if she is excited to go to a new school where she doesn't know anyone and make ALL new friends, and she said "YES!" Ha...I know she doesn't get that from me. When I was a kid that would have terrified me.
Here she is on her bike! She LOVES riding it. I tried forever and ever to get a video to upload of her riding her bike, but it would NOT work for anything. Blah. I gave up on that.
And here is Daisy, on the tricycle that I rode as a kid! My mom sent it for Daisy to ride since it was just sitting in their attic, and she loves it. She refuses to pedal it, though. She just scoots around on it :)
Sorry for all the writing! But thanks for reading it all if you stuck it out :) If you want to, you can say a prayer for our sweet Halle!
7 comments:
How do kids go from laying helpless to riding bikes with no training wheels in just 5 years? It's crazy! Halle definitely has grown up since I met her (when she was only 3!). Sometimes it makes me a little sad, even... tell her to stop getting so grown up!!!! :)
Good job Halle. Looking forward to seeing you ride in person.
Grandpa Jim
Halle is an amazing girl. I do feel bad for her going into a classroom full of girls with relationships already made, but she will do great. And I think she will be a great communicator with you and Nathan.
love you guys:)
gma jan
My sweet little great grand-daughter riding a bike and going to school. wish I was there to see her do these things. She is so out-going, she will do fine. Keep us in touch; love you guys. GGma Lil
I bet Halle will do just fine in public school! In 5th grade I ended up going to THREE different schools in THREE different states. It wasn't bad at all :) ...just for a bit of encouragement.
...it posted it twice... :)
Post a Comment