Well, our summer is over and we are back at training!
I can say two things about our summer. It was both super encouraging and super challenging.
One thing is for sure, though. God is faithful! And as we have started our classes up again (more on that later), I have been reminded many times that our future will consist of many opportunities to trust Him (otherwise known as trials. But Nathan and I are choosing to look at trials as opportunites to trust the Lord).
So. Before I start blogging about our training, I want to do two quick recaps on our summer. Two goals that we had for the summer that I feel like we truly met.
This blogpost is the first one. One major goal of our summer was to invest heavily in relationships. Our relationships with family and friends, and also our kids' relationships with their friends. As we look ahead to moving across the world in just 1.5 years, we see the immense value in this. I really think this summer was huge in the area of relationships.
I have many pictures to prove it :) No surprise there, right??
See? We are blessed. Thank you, thank you, to our dear friends. And believe me, I could have posted 100 more pictures of the same type of thing. But I will spare you from that!
Stay tuned for the second goal of our summer, and how our expectations were greatly exceeded!
7 comments:
great pictures! i was hoping to see how the epic cannonball picture turned out :) glad we could connect this summer! praying for you as you get back into the swing of training!
Great pictures and a great summer. We miss you and hope to see you soon. If you want, you can tag me on my picture, Jills and Jans. Thanks GGMa
Hi Rachel. I met you at church several Sundays ago - my husband and I were staying with Klint and Sarah. We would love to begin sponsoring your family. My email address is rufenera@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Great pictures and that cannonball pic is more than hilarious:) and are you ever right: God is so faithful. And He has blessed you with wonderful friends.
Love you!
Gma Jan
One thing for sure, we will all face many trials in our lives.The goal is to allow these trials to make us stronger and bring us closer to God. The Summer was kind of a blur, but it seems like they always are.
Grandpa Jim
The love and support that we have seen you receive from your friends has been a wonderful example of the body of Christ.
Also, i agree with Jan and Jim. Loved the cannonball pic and summer was a blur. The picture of the girls as princesses is precious.
mom m
Love and prayers, guys!!
What a great summer :)
Post a Comment