Now, just to make sure we're on the same page, this is NOT the judgment to determine if I will go to Heaven or Hell. I won't even be at that judgment, because I have trusted Jesus as my Savior and I am a child of God. Nope, this is a different judgment that God tells us about in His Word.
The Judgment Seat of Christ. In the original Greek, the word is "bema"--which Paul used because the "bema seat" was the place where contestants in Greek sports were rewarded (think laurel wreaths). Therefore, many people today as well as Bible translations use this term--the Bema seat of Christ.
Anyway, to live with an eternal mindset is SO my desire--and again, there are so many times I just. forget. about. it.
Crazy, that I can so easily forget something of such MASSIVE importance!
2 Corinthians 5:9-10
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done while in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."
God makes it clear in the Word that I will be rewarded for my works as a believer. Will these rewards be worth it? You better believe it. On the other hand, will I be completely sorrowful and regret the many times and opportunities in my life that I squandered? Yes, I believe so.
And He makes it so clear..."each one may receive the things done while in the body." Right now, in my short lifetime, I have a very unique opportunity. This is the only chance I will ever have to do anything of eternal value, to gain eternal rewards (or opposite--to lose rewards). This. is. it. Wow, that's a wake up call to me!
So friends...I have a recommendation. Nathan and I watched a DVD called "The Bema" that was AMAZING. It's not a movie, but more of a dramatized sermon, for lack of a better way to describe it. It was so powerful, and I know it will be one that I will want to watch over and over.
Here is a link to buy the dvd--it is by Pete Briscoe, and just WOW. We loved it.
Brothers and sisters, let's spur each other on, to look forward to this day and to live for this day! To live for eternity! I know that for the billions upon billions upon trillions of years that I spend in Heaven, that I would be forever grateful that I did so. But we just need each other, don't we? To remind one another--because our flesh just forgets.
Love you all! I am so thankful for each of you.
(Another great book on this subject, that Nathan and I would both highly recommend: The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn. It is so good!)

8 comments:
Oh Rache. THANK YOU for this sobering reminder. Oh, I get so caught-up in the temporal & the flesh.
Love you!
Sarah
Thanks from me too, Rache. This is something to think about and act on that we just don't hear about.
love you
mom (gma jan)
That's what it's all about - the eternal perspective. We'll check out the DVD.
Thanks, Grandpa Jim
Dad--you can borrow ours if you want!
It IS good to have a reminder. Looking forward to watching the DVD.
mom m
That would be great. We could check with you when we come out.
Thanks, Grandpa Jim
I stumbled across this about 5 years ago. Really a Spirit guide message
I have the audio file on my iPhone and laptop and listen to it often
Great post, Sis. We just got ours in the mail...will watch it soon :) Love you SO much.
Post a Comment