I mean that very literally! Every time we move back here to the missionary training center in MO, I almost instantly begin sneezing, my nose gets all stuffy, and my eyes start itching. Fun stuff :)
However. Despite my allergies, I LOVE being here in Missouri! Our family will always cherish the time in our lives that we lived here. It is coming to an end very soon...
We finished up our Cherokee practicum in Oklahoma about two weeks ago. We returned here to the MTC and we have been finishing up a huge write-up for the Cherokee language. And I mean huge. But...praise the Lord, the paper is DONE!! What a relief! I am so proud of Nathan and all of his hard work on it--he has definitely done the majority of the paper.
So, even with that massive paper looming over us, we have really been enjoying being here. Preparing to say some more goodbyes and move away, but we had a good two weeks of just living life at MTC.
Our kids were very thrilled to be reunited with friends on campus--they can be found almost daily on these railings, doing gymnastics for hours!
Reunited with our house, and all of their forgotten-since-springtime toys...
Back to our favorite state park (HaHa Tonka)...and look at these two cuties. Don't they kind of look like twins? I think they do :)
We had a visit from Uncle Kyle! (who was working in Jefferson City) He's so great! He explored some caves with Kaine and Halle, and he even bought us Sonic. What a great guy :)
The weather here has. been. gorgeous. SO beautiful! We have been soaking it up--swimming at the lake one last time (in October! I never would have guessed we could swim in October, but in MO we can!)
Thanking the Lord for His grace in giving us this family time! Such a beautiful campus. We will really miss it!
4 comments:
That is a great place. We have a lot of great memories as well. Yes, Layla & Daisy could easily pass for twins. Hopefully your allergies will cease when you pull onto Bluffton.
Grandpa Jim
Looove this post! I feel a little sad for you that this chapter is closing, but what an exciting journey you have ahead of you!
Excited to spend some great quality time with you these next months!
Love ya!
LOVE the pictures and I agree about the twins:) Like dad said, we have so many great memories in Missouri too!!! And yes, what a beautiful campus!!!
love you
mom (gma jan)
I feel we missed a great opportunity by not coming to Missouri to visit. I can't believe it's coming to an end. I guess we can blame it on age. Enjoyed all the pictures. Hope to see you soon. Love GGMA
Post a Comment