A couple of weeks ago, Nathan's sister Jenna and her husband Adam came to visit from Mexico. It was so good to hang out with them, knowing it would be our last time for a few years :( They are some of our biggest cheerleaders though--they are so excited and passionate about missions and the unreached. I remember back about 6 years ago, when we first started thinking about missions, Jenna was so excited about it and supported us so much. What a blessing!
We spent a couple of full days with Nathan's family. Thankfully, the weather was gorgeous! Unheard of this time of year, right? Notice Halle in her short sleeves...
I love this pic...Adam and Jenna cuddling in the background. They are such lovebirds! Love them :)
Kind of a blurry picture, but 4-square is a family favorite over there :)
Adam is such a great guy. We are so thankful that Jenna married him! He's a great uncle--always wanting to wrestle and play with the kids, tell them stories, etc.
Of course, our kids always LOVE being with Uncle Kyle! They think he's pretty cool :) We do too, of course!
We also celebrated Christmas with Nathan's family while Adam and Jenna were home. Our kids are ready for the flights! Yay for practical gifts!
This was so hilarious, and very unexpected. Kyle actually made Adam an ugly Christmas sweater! Ha! What a hidden talent!
Another unexpected gift...Kyle gave Kaine a very expensive and VERY sharp knife. Much to the delight of Kaine, and much to the alarm of his mother ;) I guess Kaine is a pretty responsible and calm kid though, so I think he will be careful with it. He can't wait to chop in the jungle with it...and I told him he could use it to kill any unwelcome creatures that come near our jungle house :)
Part of the kids' gift from Dave and Terri was a gift card for Amazon, which they immediately wanted to redeem. :)
We also had a baby shower for Adam and Jenna! We are so thrilled that they are going to give us another sweet niece or nephew--can't wait to face time with the baby ;)
We love these guys :)
Adam and Jenna, we love your family! So glad we could spend some good time with you before we go to PNG. Can't wait to visit you guys in 3 or 4 years!
3 comments:
LOVE this post!! The book bags are a brilliant idea!
I like Kaine's smile as he is holding that knife.
Grandpa Jim
Oh Rachel,
I am cheering you on and groaning with you.
Much Love,
Amy
Post a Comment