"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Saturday, May 23, 2009

baby pigs

The newest additions to the Gateway barn animals are two baby piglets!  They were just born a few days ago, and sadly, their other three siblings did not make it:(  These two are also not doing so well.  The mother pig was not doing a very good job feeding them, so we have moved them up to our house and now we are hand feeding them around the clock.  The residents love them, and so do Kaine and Halle!

Here is our animal loving resident, giving the pigs a bath!  She is holding Bub (she named them), and Bub is the pig that is doing really well.  He seems to be gaining strength every day.

This is Honey.  She could use some prayers.  She is such a sweet little pig, but she is not doing well.  She is skin and bones, and she just shivers.  We are going to bring her in our house tonight to sleep in the warmth:)  

Kaine and Halle were fascinated by the baths!

I am not sure what Halle is trying to tell Bub here:)  She was bossing him around like crazy!
Hopefully I will have good news about Honey soon!  I feel kind of funny asking for prayers for a pig, but it would really be sad if she died.  Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't get swine flu! ;) Being hog farmers, you don't know how many people asked us if we've gotten swine flue.

Also, when is your due date?

Jessica (T)

Anonymous said...

I hope Honey woke up stronger this morning...
mom

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh my, they are ADORABLE!! I want to squeeze them! How fun for your kiddos and the residents!

Love the pic of Halle bossing...too cute!

Rachel said...

That is funny, Jess!! I didn't even think about swine flu--actually, i kind of forgot about it:) My due date is November 17, how about yours?

Anonymous said...

To clear everything up, swine flu does NOT come from pigs!

My due date is november 8th.

Jessica (T)

Anonymous said...

Its funny, but pigs are alot like cats. When thy are little, they are cute. When they grow up, not cute.
Anyway, good luck with them. Better not let Halle get a hold of them - who knows what she would do.
See Ya, Granpa Jim

Anonymous said...

Isn't your dad funny, but wrong? Don't we all know that cats are cute when they are grown too??(especially Mistletoe...)
love you
mom (aka gma jan)

soli deo gloria said...

Rach! They are so cute-I have always wanted a pig and we have been thinking about it latly, but we aren't sure what to do with it as it groes bc I would not want to eat him. I feel so sad for Honey and that was nice of you to let her sleep inside-keep us posted! Love ya! Jane