"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Friday, September 25, 2009

more random stuff

Another original title, huh? As you may have guessed, I feel just really busy lately! I guess that would be why I hardly ever blog anymore! As a result, my posts have been consisting of just...random stuff:) Hence the title!

This picture was taken a few weeks ago...Nathan and Aaron went frog-gigging. Kind of a brutal sport, if you ask me, but they had a blast! Bless my mom, she let them bring the frogs in to her kitchen counter and butcher them! I guess we will be eating frog legs sometime soon. Or I should say, the guys will be eating them. I really don't think I have it in me!

Nathan ran in the Parlor City Trot again this year! I am super proud of him--he came in tenth! Here is my dad and Halle waiting for Nathan to finish.

Great job, honey! I am so proud of you!

This is from our annual Grabill Days (the Grabill Country Fair). Once again, we just loved going to the fair! It is such a good, hometown fair, and really fun. I hope Lisa doesn't mind me posting this picture, but this is from the blueberry pie eating contest. Nathan and our assistant, Lisa, both competed. It was so fun to watch!

The housedads on campus are so competitive! This is Ryan, Nathan, Bruce, and Joe doing the sack race. Joe won this race, and Nathan came in third. Great job, Natie!

The guys with their ribbons:)

Halle being her usual adorable self at the fair!

Kaine climbed this rope bridge--it was so cute! He took such careful steps and concentrated so hard! What a sweetie:)

And he also got to ride the kids' ferris wheel, which he loved!

A week or 2 ago, Nathan filled up our little pool with warm water. Kaine and Halle love swimming! By the way, Halle is actually happy in this picture...this is her new "cheeeeeese" face. It is so funny! If I ask her to say "cheese" this is always what I get:)

Halle did not appreciate this piece of grass on her finger!

My 2 boys...I love them:)

Kaine is "skiing" down the slide and of course, Halle is saying "cheeese!"

These pictures are from a great little park in Grabill. We often ride our bikes there on our days off. They have this really cool train that Kaine loves to "drive"

Halle's face the whole time she rides the merry-go-round:)

They are loving the merry-go-round! I used to love it as a kid, too. My dad was an awesome pusher!

This picture cracks me up. We took Kaine and Halle bowling on our day off, and we had to get them both bowling shoes. Halle's were a few sizes too big, and she looked adorable! This is a very exaggerated "cheeeese" pose, along with her dorky shoes:) (and her stomach hanging out!)

Kaine loves to climb!

My 2 studs again:)

Hopefully I won't have so much randomness in the next post! Have a great day, everyone!

6 comments:

T and M said...

that was a fun post but that picture of halle cheesing at the bowling alley with her belly sticking out made me laugh out loud! ha( :

Wee said...

Loved the randomness! I really enjoyed seeing all you've been up to! Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys have been busy!!

The other weekend, I was taking pictures of the kids without trying to get their attention. When Halle saw the camera, she automatically posed and said "Cheeeeeese." You have a model on your hands!!

mom m

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? didn't even realize you had a new post...looks like tons of fun, and such cute pictures ... and no wonder the other day Kaine was telling us that his dad taught him to "ski":)
love you
mom
ps - thanks for the reminder, I need to be fixing frog legs for the guys one of these days...

Nichole said...

i didn't know you had a blog, too! :) i love all the pictures - Halle's cheese face cracks me up :)

Jessica said...

I really don't know how I missed this post! I like random posts too, especially with cute pictures to go along with them. Fun post!