"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ice skating

Well, things have been pretty busy here at NTBI...we have had lots of homework but we are still loving it!  Lots of homework means lots of very late nights for us...we try to never do homework from suppertime up until our kids are in bed (usually 8:30-9 or so).  So we definitely are glad that we have good family time with our kids in the evenings, but it just means that we go to bed really late!  So all that to say...that's why I haven't been blogging much:)

So anyway, a couple of weekends ago, the Campus Life department here planned an ice skating night.  It was so much fun!  Originally, Nathan was just going  to take Kaine to it, but then Aaron and Jill told me that I should take Halle, too, and they would watch our 2 littlest.  Thanks, A and J!  I am glad Halle and I could go, too.

We drove there with Alisha and her baby Sophie (Alisha's hubby Ben had to work that night, so she came with us):                        
                                     


Kaine and Nathan were excited to skate...


And I got to hang out, holding Alisha's baby Sophie...

And of course, hanging out with my sweet Halle!  Halle wasn't interested in skating, so we just watched.  I was fine with that, because it had been years since I have been ice skating!


Kaine loved it!  He has been getting pretty good at rollerblading, so he seemed to do pretty well on ice skates, too.  It really helped that they had these "walker"-type things:

He tried it a couple of times without the walker, but he didn't like that as much.

Halle was content to just sit with me and watch...


Or eat candy:)


FINALLY, Nathan talked Halle into just trying it a couple times around, in her boots.  She was very unsure, but she was brave!

It was soooo cute!  Nathan held her up like this so she was like Superman, going around the ice rink.  It was adorable:)  She liked it so much that she then wanted to go and get ice skates on!  Which meant that I couldn't justify just watching anymore, so I got some skates, too.  (I was glad I did, then...it was fun!)

Kaine ended up skating by himself, toward the end of the night.  He was so cute!

What a fun night!  Thanks again to Aaron and Jill for watching Layla and Daisy!!  And speaking of Daisy, if anyone is curious how she is doing (see last post)...she is doing much better!  Her teeth are in, and she is now getting used to eating a lot of baby food.  She decided she was done nursing for good, so I just try to mix in powdered formula with the baby food.  She still won't drink much of anything, but oh well:)  She will get there!  Looking on the bright side...at least she was easy to wean!  It's not always that easy, I can attest to that...and I am not stressing over it anymore:)

Have a good night!!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

Yay, I made it in the blog! I'm glad Daisy's doing better, and I hope you enjoy having her as your "only child" for a few days :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

LOVE seeing your everyday life! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Kaine did well, since he is kind of a natural for this kind of stuff. You got to give Halle alot of credit for trying it, since this kind of stuff is not really in her nature.
Grandpa Jim

Jessica said...

Kaine! We are so impressed with you! Good job!

Also so glad that Daisy is doing better - can't wait to see you all this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! love the "walker" things too:) glad you guys could enjoy the time ice skating:)
love you
gma jan

Jill said...

We had fun with Layla and Daisy! :)