"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Saturday, June 30, 2012

summer highlight #1...

Meeting my new nephew! 

Less than a week after we arrived back home for the summer, we were so excited to hear that Jill had gone into labor with their new baby boy!  We were thrilled to travel back up to Jackson to meet him. 

So...I know this is more than a month late, but welcome to our family, baby Abel James!  We love you already:)


We had to get a "Kaine and Abel" picture...Kaine is in love with his new boy cousin already.  He is so glad to have another boy around!  Kaine held Abel for a long time in the hospital:)

More summer highlights to come...

5 comments:

Alisha said...

I like Daisy's model face. :)

Anonymous said...

loved the "Kaine and Abel" pic:)
love you
gma jan

Jill said...

Aww, thanks for posting this...and for coming up to Michigan to visit us when Abel was born!!

sarah.flyingkites said...

ooo...these summer highlights will be fun!

Alisha said...

So the "Daisy model face" comment was totally talking about your new family picture at the top of your blog... I didn't clarify and that was probably confusing haha.

Also I seriously never thought about "Kaine and Abel"... I thought about how Abel sounded with Ivy and Israel (sounds great!), but didn't even think about how it sounded with your kids' names :)