I was so glad to be in town for VBS! It was lots of fun--I taught 7th grade full time, and Kaine was in kindergarten. I was able to take Halle and Layla with me, and they went to kiddie bible school. It was a very good (but tiring ) 2 weeks! The picture above is my seventh grade class.
So that was fun, and then I found out that Leo's VBS was going to be the following week...and I debated what to do. I really wanted to take Kaine and Halle up for it, because I really want their friendships with the Leo kids to continue. But I was tired:) And I knew they were tired, too, from their 2 weeks of Bible school that they just had. But...I decided to do it. And it wasn't so bad--we didn't go on Monday, so I just had to drive them up on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. My mom graciously offered to drive them on Thursday (which was her birthday!). So it was good.
One major perk was that while Kaine and Halle were at vbs, I had at least 2 hours to kill! One of the days I took Layla out on a "date"--it was so much fun to just be with her! I feel like that never really happens.
So we went to one of our favorite parks that we used to go to:
Then we took a walk to the candy store in Grabill. We love that store:) Then I took her to my favorite, Grabill Country Sales (I think that is what it's called). It is an awesome store. If you are in the area, you should check it out! They have really good homemade ice cream:
Then after I picked up Kaine and Halle, we all had lunch out at Wendy's...it was a fun day!!
So then on that Thursday, when my mom drove them up to Leo, I was able to spend the whole morning with just Layla and Daisy! That was really fun, too! Life is just so much easier with less kids! I love having 4 of them, but it is really busy and I don't get as much one on one...so it was a lot of fun. We took a walk to a park. (pictures below:) ).
So...the verdict: VBS was lots of fun! But is was really tiring for my kids. I'm not sure if I will do 3 weeks of it again next year. It took a few days for their bodies to recover. But I'm glad I did it this year:) Thanks so much to my mom and Nathan's mom and Jenna for watching Daisy soooo many days! I appreciate it so much!
5 comments:
I give you alot of credit for doing it. I know I couldn't have done it.
Grandpa Jim
Sounds tiring...but fun :) I love all of your blog posts all of a sudden!
so glad you made the extra effort and fit Leo into your schedule. Hannah still talks about her 'friend Halle' :)
Your kids are so CUTE!!!
I don't blame you for doing all 3 weeks! So glad it could work out!!
love you
gma jan
Post a Comment