"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 will be one craaaazy year!

Sometimes I can almost panic at the thought of ALL the change that this next year will bring.  I have never experienced living in a third world country, never experienced living on the equator, and I have certainly never been away from family for so long.  I have never experienced the jungle.  Never experienced learning another language.  Or having ZERO access to fast food!  Much less zero access to a grocery store!  (see why I might feel a little panic??)

But.  I know that God has called us to this, and I know that He will be faithful to us ALL the way through.  I am totally convinced of that, so what would I have to fear?

The answer is, nothing!  I really don't feel fear about going to PNG.  But if I had to say one thing I would fear, it would probably just be fear of the unknown.  But we have been through "the unknown" many times before (such as when we moved to Gateway, when we moved away from Gateway to MI, then when we moved to MO...) and God has always seen us through.  I know He will again.

So my desire right now is for the unknown to become the known--we are really just ready to get over to Papua New Guinea and DO THIS!  Just to get started and then it will become normal to us.  I am excited for that!  And excited to see what 2016 will bring!


We gotta keep our sense of humor!  I love this man :)

7 comments:

Britni said...

Praying for you 6 as you step through each change on your way to make Him famous!!

Bailey Gerber said...

I love your hearts. Jesus is SO worth it, and following your journey as you make Him famous is inspiring to me. Praying for you!

Trudy said...

If your not fishing, your not following. Thanks for your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

This is really an adventure which we are all a part of. You have a ton of support.
Grandpa Jim

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love your thoughts on this Rache. Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is faithful and can be trusted with everything. You go in good hands. :)

We love you all so much,
mom m

Amber R said...

Praying for you guys as time gets near!! Wish we could be there for your goodbye party!!