"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Friday, April 8, 2016

Hello from Halle! (#1)

Hi everyone!
PNG is a good place.  When we drive in to Susu Banis [the nearby village that our family often goes to] every kid is so happy!  


They wave their hands and my friend Margaret is there.  She plays with my hair and does fun stuff with me!  


Sophie, my mom's language helper, shows us stuff.  She taught us how they wash their stuff.  



My dad's language helper is Gabinus and Bernadette.  They make us kau kau [like a sweet potato] and rice baskets!  



It is so fun here!  Our base has a trampoline!  My dad used to bounce us high, but then it ripped [Lol!  Nathan's foot sort of went through it!]  So now we can jump but we have to be careful.  Our house is so close to it!


And we have a basketball court beside the grass.  I learned to ripstick there.  It is fun!  


We go to town every 2 weeks.  That is why I like PNG.

Love, 
Halle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Halle. I can understand why all the kids like you so much. It's funny how your Dad has a knack of falling through trampolines.
looking forward to when you can make some of this food for us.
Grandpa Jim

Anonymous said...

Good job Halle!! I love hearing how things are going for you and seeing the pictures of your new (but temporary) home.
I love you and miss you so much!
G-ma Mueller

Anonymous said...

Oh Halle Rae!!! Great job on the blog!! I can't wait til you do it again!! We love and miss you so much too!!!!
gma jan
ps oops! your dad's foot on the tramp!!! lol..

Anonymous said...

Hi Halle, It was so great to hear from you. I can understand why you get along so well. You are one special little girl. You are so mature in your thinking, We love you so much and wish I could give you a big hug!! Love GGMA

sarah.flyingkites said...

I love this idea! Thank you Halle! ( I could just "hear" her explaining this :)

Jessica said...

Halle -

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the message. From Bodie

Very good job. So cool that you can write a blog. Say hi to Kaine for me. From Carter

I want to try one of those kau kau things. From Mason

That is really really cool, Halle. I just want to see you soon and I want to hide in your suitcase and go back to PNG with you. Tell Layla and Daisy hi for me. From Addi

AWE! GREAT blog, Halle Rae! We love hearing what you are seeing and experiencing in PNG! Thank you for giving us a peek into your jungle life. We all pray for you often. Love you and miss you! Nick and Jessica :)

Anonymous said...

It was really fun to read your post. Great job learning how to ripstick! I'm glad that you are having a great adventure in PNG. Love, Jenna